This syrup is liquid gold! Add some holiday spices to make it extra festive.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons, unsalted)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Spiced Syrup Additions
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Melt sugar and butter in a medium saucepan (syrup will foam, so use a larger pan than you think you will need!)
- Add buttermilk (careful-this is when it foams!). Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Let sit to cool and de-foam.
- Whisk in the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Adjust to fit your tastes as needed.
Please follow and like us: