Parmesan Chive Biscuits
The only thing better than a homemade biscuit is a cheesy homemade biscuit!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold and cut into small cubes)
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded parmesan (divided)
- ¼ cup minced chives (divided)
- 1 cup buttermilk (cold)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 9×13” baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter (or your hands, but work fast!), blend in the butter to the flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the fresh parmesan, and all the chives except 1 tablespoon.
- Pour in the buttermilk, and stir together just until combined.
- Sprinkle the countertop with flour, and place the dough on the flour. Sprinkle some flour on the top of the dough, then gently press it down until you have a sheet about 1” thick.
- Fold the dough over itself in half, then in half again. Press down again until you have a 1” thick sheet. This is what will give you thick, flakey layers!
- Gently cut out your biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter, small cup, or jar lid. Place the biscuits about 1” apart in the prepared baking pan. Top with extra parmesan and chives.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Please follow and like us: