- 1 1/2 cups dry short pasta (rotini, elbow, penne, etc), cooked to package directions
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini, chickpeas, great northern, etc)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed and sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, either individual balls or cut into ½“ cubes
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, rinsed and sliced into thin strips
- 1-2 cups baby arugula, rinsed (use more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pesto (use more or less depending on your tastes)
Want to cook with the Chef?
Combine the cooked pasta, beans, tomatoes, and mozzarella in a large bowl
Gently stir in the basil and arugula.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the other ingredients and toss to combine.
Add in the pesto, starting with ¼ cup, and toss to combine. Add more if desired.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve cold.