- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 tsp oil avocado or olive
- 1 bundle green onions chopped and divided (about 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 14/5 oz can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth use bone broth for extra goodness
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp real salt
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- toppings: lime wedges, queso fresco, and tortilla ships if desired
Want to cook with the Chef?
In a large pot, saute 1 cup of the green onions and all of the garlic with the oil over medium heat for two minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, broth, cumin, and Real Salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Cover the pot and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
Prep bowls with your desired ingredients- add some chicken, avocado, fresh green onions, and cilantro. Pour some of the prepared broth over each bowl, and serve with your desired toppings.
To reheat, store the broth separately from the rest of the toppings, then reheat separately and combine as described above.
Please follow and like us: