Sourdough bread makes this stuffing a complete show-stopper!
- 10 cups sourdough bread chopped and dried (see notes)
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 5 celery stalks chopped in 1/4 pieces
- 1/2 cup flat leaf (Italian) parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tsp Real salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth divided
- 2 eggs
Want to cook with the Chef?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13” pan with cooking spray.
Place bread into a large mixing bowl.
Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onions and celery until soft and translucent. Add to the bowl with the bread. Add the spices and 1¼ cups of broth and toss gently. Let this mixture cool slightly.
Whisk remaining broth with eggs and add to the bread mixture; stir gently to combine.
Pour into prepared pan, cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Remove foil and bake until golden and crispy on top, 5-10 additional minutes.
**To dry bread, chop into 1” pieces, then bake at 275 degrees for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until bread is dry and crunchy. I usually prep the rest of the mixture while the bread is cooking to save on time.