Sweet Potato Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 tbsp oil extra virgin, coconut, avocado
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sized sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes
- 32 oz chicken broth use bone broth for extra goodness
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
Saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds more, until fragrant.
Add sweet potato, broth, thyme, salt, garlic salt and pepper, then bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
Add in the chicken, paprika, and corn.
Whisk together the milk and flour, then pour into the chowder slowly, stirring as you pour. Bring the chowder back to a boil, then thicken for 6-8 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.